Mouse over to zoom in
Export Classification: EAR
- Payload and Telemetry Downlink
- Data rates up to 10 Mbps
- Cardioid gain pattern
- Right or left hand circular polarization
- Constant power flux density at the earth’s surface
- Delivery : 6 months for quantities of 1 or 2
Initial Online Deposit: $4,800
for unlimited downloads on all products
The Surrey S-Band Quadrifilar Helix antenna provides a cost-effective downlink antenna solution for a wide range of LEO missions. It is capable of supporting high data rates and RF power, and the design provides a low physical footprint with an optimal gain pattern.
Surrey's Quadrifilar Antenna can downlink Payload data at data rates up to 10Mbps Data Rate at S-Band frequency and can also be used to downlink Telemetry data.
This antenna produces a cardioid pattern with a nadir null to ensure constant power flux density at the Earth’s surface throughout the duration of a pass.
- Mass : < 500g
- Power : Up to 10W RF power
- Dimensions : 100 x 100 x 389 mm
- Design Lifetime (LEO) : 7.5 Years
- Operating Temperature Range: -20ºC to +50ºC
- Non-Operating Temperature Range: -30ºC to +60ºC
- Data Interfaces: 50 Ohm RF interface (SMA female)
All of our units come with the following as standard, unless stated otherwise:
Baseline Payment Schedule
- Functional performance testing according to Surrey test procedures
- Random Vibration testing to NASA GEVS acceptance levels to verify workmanship – with pre- and post-vibration functional performance testing
- Thermal cycling (in ambient pressure) over the stated operational temperature range - undertaking 3 thermal cycles with functional performance testing before the start of thermal cycling and then at the temperature extremes on the final cycle.
- Interface Control Documentation
- User Manual
- Test Results
- No customer reviews are included in the baseline price
- Initial Deposit Payment : 5% (initial deposit required to secure your order)
- Order Acceptance : 35%
- Test Readiness Review : 30%
- Delivery Readiness Review : 30%
- Shipping and any applicable taxes will be advised on acceptance of your order.
Storage and Handling
- Surrey is compliant with ISO9000:2000 requirements.
- Surrey is compliant with the requirements of the following standard processes:
- NASA-STD-8739.3: Manual Soldering
- NASA-STD-8739.2: Surface-Mount Technology
- IPC-6012: Qualification and performance Specifications for space flight PWBs.
- Whenever possible, all Surrey flight hardware units must be kept in a clean environment, e.g. ISO class 8 (100,000) clean room, with a temperature range between 19ºC and 25ºC and a relative humidity range between 40% and 60%.
- Surrey recommends that customer personnel who will handle Surrey hardware have received clean room behavior training, including dress code, module handling, use of appropriate tools and anti-static procedures, and have read and understood all Surrey deliverable documentation
(No email address or